PACE member coverage
PACE offers a comprehensive array of coverages, custom-designed for Oregon educational institutions. This is a summary for specific sub limits, terms and conditions...see coverage documents at the bottom of this page.
- Not for profit – As a not-for-profit organization, PACE's only objective is to provide the best possible coverage for a reasonable rate. This differs from an insurance company who may be attempting to balance the interests of their insureds and their shareholders.
- Occurrence-based coverage – Your organization is covered for anything that happens during the term of your coverage, regardless of when the claim is reported – even decades later. This differs from an insurance company with claims-made coverage that allows only for claims reported during a specific period of time.
- Customized for Oregon's public education organizations – Member contributions are geared to members' budgeting cycles and coverages are designed for the needs of education-specific organizations.
- Plans written in plain English.
- Limited coverage for legal expenses associated with complaints made under:
- Breach of employment contract - $50,000;
- Fair dismissal hearing - $50,000;
- Bureau of Labor & Industries (BOLI) / Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) - $50,000;
- Oregon Teacher Standards & Practices (for complaints filed by others) - $25,000;
- Oregon Government Standards & Practices Commission (OGEC) ethics - $25,000.
- Limited coverage for legal expenses associated with safety complaints made under:
- Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA) violation - $5,000;
- Premises medical coverage - $5,000;
- Applicators Pollution Liability defense coverage - $50,000;
- Mold & mildew - $100,000;
- Lead handling defense - $50,000.
- Coverage for expenses associated with school violent acts - up to $50,000:
- Emergency-management consulting expenses;
- Rental or lease expenses to relocate victims;
- Counseling expenses;
- Transportation expenses to move victims away from the premises;
- Contracted security or police expenses;
- Hazardous cleanup expenses.
- Boiler and machinery
Download the PACE coverage guide (2696k ).