Over the past 5 years, PACE has offered a 5% General Liability Credit for members that completed certain requirements related to two exposures that have been hitting the Pool from a claim’s standpoint: Sex Abuse and Employment Practices Liability. With the success and the popularity of the 5% GL credit program, staff would like to introduce a new opportunity for our members to receive the credit for implementing mitigation tools for an up and coming exposure to the Insurance Program.
Our claims team has handled claims in our program over the years and more recently it seems daily there is a report in the news of harassment/intimidation/bullying related to students all over the country in our schools. This year, to qualify we need your entity to prove that it is following the appropriate laws around sexual abuse and sexual harassment and have it signed by your superintendent, president or designee.
Community College Qualifiers:
1. The Community College has in accordance with ORS 350.253, adopted written policies concerning sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking that occur both on and off campus.
2. The Community College can demonstrate that the policies and related procedures are made available to students (new student orientation and college website).
3. The Community College verifies that all individuals (employed or contracted) who may be required to assist in conducting an investigation, that is subject to HB 3415, participates in related annual training.
K-12, ESD, and Charter School Qualifiers:
1. All staff, volunteers, contractors and agents have been trained on the sexual misconduct requirements.
2. All staff, volunteers, contractors and agents need to have a national background check conducted on them and/or a procedure in place to verify one has been done.
3. The educational entity has designated a licensed administrator to have staff reports of potential sexual conduct reported to.
Requirements for Approval:
The 2020 5% General Liability credit program for the 2021/2022 policy year is to offer an incentive to get out in front of the harassment/intimidation/bullying growing exposure we are starting to see. Each entity must complete the relevant form and have it signed by their superintendent, president or designee. The forms details out the requirements and the relevant laws you must show your entity is abiding by, and then once completed, submit the form to email@example.com.